[meteorite-list] Cold hunting question

From: joseph_town_at_att.net <joseph_town_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:54 2004

Hi Marcia,

Property varies so much from one juristiction to another. Public domain has
been outlined by the Supreme Court in cases of lost or discarded artifacts.
The FBI felt the need to set these precidents so they could dig through trash
on parkways for evidence in court. I read an old thread that said if I find
it, it's going in my pocket and that's all the validation I need. I think
that's the general rule although it may not sound appropriate.

Bill Kieskowski