[meteorite-list] OFF TOPIC - Unusual

From: Mark Miconi <mam602_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:53 2004

Michael,
Thank you for ending a long search. We have roughly 6 to 8 of these parrots
in my neighborhood in Phoenix. They have been feeding on the fist size
magenta colored fruit our peruvian pear cactus produces....much to the
dismay of the white wing doves and the house finches that usually have the
cactus to themselves. I have been searching high and low to find our what
type of parrot they are. I started to notice them flying a month ago. I have
not been able to get good photos of them, they do not like all the commotion
on our street with the traffic. The cactus fruit is gone now but they just
flowered again so hopefully the parrots will return when the fruits ripen in
another month.

Thanks to your wonderful photos I now know what they are and where they are
from.

Mark M.
Phoenix AZ