[meteorite-list] meteorite photography scales

From: CMcdon0923_at_aol.com <CMcdon0923_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:51 2004

Personally.....I prefer the black/white centimeter scaled strips used as opposed to the cubes. Seeing one of the scales in front of a whole specimen or slice, gives me a better perspective of the true size of the specimen.

I've toyed around with making one of these scales using MS Excel....just play around with setting the cell size in a row to the proper height x width, and black-fill every other cell.

And while it certainly would be nice to see some type of standardization in how everyone displays their specimens, the imagination used by some people is certainly enjoyable.

Craig