[meteorite-list] Re: Nininger / Huss printer & type

From: Fredmeteorhall_at_aol.com <Fredmeteorhall_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:49 2004

--part1_9d.3de5a457.2c86b188_boundary

Hello Meteorite Brothers (Meteorite Loving Sisters Too!)
  Last Spring I purchased the Nininger / Huss printer and metal type used to
make the cards in the "Meteorite Crater Study Kit", the "Target Earth" card,
"TEKTITE" card, the "From Out Of This World" card, the Meteorite Museum cutout
seen on much of Nininger's work, all assembled in metal type as Dr. H. H.
Nininger and Prof. Glen Huss set them. Along with loose type used for most of the
small booklets that H. H. Nininger and Glenn Huss produced.
  The printer is an Excelsior, Mercury Model on a Jamsen Mach Co stand with
motor, 18 inches wide by 36" long by 38" high.
  Now, does anyone have the "TEKTITE" card, where the last word on the second
sentence is "Thailand" and the third sentence reads "This bit of natural
glass is thought to have". I need to reassemble the second sentence, as the rubber
bands holding the metal type together rotted away, spilling some of the type
that got jumbled together. I'm working on a few others right now where the
ends fell away. Puzzle time!
  I plan on putting the printer, booklets "The Huss Collection of
Meteorites", vol. 1 & 2, and all the metal type up for sale at the COMETS Fourth Annual
auction in Denver, with the exception of a few type sets that I'm keeping for
my collection.
  I'd love to keep the works, but my home is too small to display the printer
and all the type, unless I get rid of my mineral / meteorite collections. Not
going to happen.
High Regards, Fred Hall / Meteorhall

--part1_9d.3de5a457.2c86b188_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SERIF" FACE=3D"=
Georgia" LANG=3D"0">Hello Meteorite Brothers (Meteorite Loving Sisters Too!)=
<BR>
&nbsp; Last Spring I purchased the Nininger / Huss printer and metal type us=
ed to make the cards in the "Meteorite Crater Study Kit", the "Target Earth"=
 card, "TEKTITE" card, the "From Out Of This World" card, the Meteorite Muse=
um cutout seen on much of Nininger's work, all assembled in metal type as Dr=
. H. H. Nininger and Prof. Glen Huss set them. Along with loose type used fo=
r most of the small booklets that H. H. Nininger and Glenn Huss produced. <B=

&nbsp; The printer is an Excelsior, Mercury Model on a Jamsen Mach Co stand=20=
with motor, 18 inches wide by 36" long by 38" high.<BR>
&nbsp; Now, does anyone have the "TEKTITE" card, where the last word on the=20=
second sentence is "Thailand" and the third sentence reads "This bit of natu=
ral glass is thought to have". I need to reassemble the second sentence, as=20=
the rubber bands holding the metal type together rotted away, spilling some=20=
of the type that got jumbled together. I'm working on a few others right now=
 where the ends fell away. Puzzle time!<BR>
&nbsp; I plan on putting the printer, booklets "The Huss Collection of Meteo=
rites", vol. 1 &amp; 2, and all the metal type up for sale at the COMETS Fou=
rth Annual auction in Denver, with the exception of a few type sets that I'm=
 keeping for my collection. <BR>
&nbsp; I'd love to keep the works, but my home is too small to display the p=
rinter and all the type, unless I get rid of my mineral / meteorite collecti=
ons. Not going to happen.<BR>
High Regards, Fred Hall / Meteorhall</FONT></HTML>

--part1_9d.3de5a457.2c86b188_boundary--