[meteorite-list] New Asteroid Threat Seen (Asteroid 2003 QQ47)

From: STUARTATK_at_aol.com <STUARTATK_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:49 2004

--part1_12e.30e95075.2c865387_boundary

It has been an absolutely CRAZY day here in the UK since this story broke
early this morning. I swear every radio and TV news programme has featured a
"Doomsday Approacheth!" piece, accompanied by comments from "an astronomer" or
"space expert", who without fail tried desperately to reassure the viewers or
listeners that the scare was just that, a scare, and that in a few days time it
would be shown to have been a false alarm... only for the presenter to wade
back in with a closing comment about the end of the world, and civilisation,
being nigh...

And I thought DEEP IMPACT was over the top, sheesh...!!!

Stu

--part1_12e.30e95075.2c865387_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">It has been an absolutely CRAZY day here in the UK sin=
ce this story broke early this morning. I swear every radio and TV news prog=
ramme has featured a "Doomsday Approacheth!" piece, accompanied by comments=20=
from "an astronomer" or "space expert", who without fail tried desperately t=
o reassure the viewers or listeners that the scare was just that, a scare, a=
nd that in a few days time it would be shown to have been a false alarm... o=
nly for the presenter to wade back in with a closing comment about the end o=
f the world, and civilisation, being nigh... <BR>
<BR>
And I thought DEEP IMPACT was over the top, sheesh...!!!<BR>
<BR>
Stu</FONT></HTML>

--part1_12e.30e95075.2c865387_boundary--