[meteorite-list] NWA 1139

From: Popocatept_at_aol.com <Popocatept_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:49 2004

Hi Mark,

The original post about NWA 1139 was mine. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers
with my question, it was not my intention.

As a new member of the list I may not be sure of the proper protocol in every
case. However, I realize I could have emailed you directly for
clarification, but I only learn when others post their questions to the list, and by
likewise posting my question to the list, I give others a chance to learn as well.

What I have learned is that a meteorite can be unclassified, but still be
numbered. (or named is this the same thing?)

Thanks,

Mike Fowler

PS Will you be selling any more of those digital scales on ebay?
Steve Arnold, proud owner of NWA 1139 main mass, says they're a good deal.

Hello Tom and list,

Just came in from the family reunion and see this post so I figure I would
answer it.

NWA1139 is mine, or was mine if the auction ended. It is uncut and has been
only submitted for a number by me.

snip-snip

However, I am kind of surprized you e-mailed the list and asked about it.
You have e-mailed me 60-80 times or more about other things.

Mark Bostick
www.MeteoriteArticles.com