[meteorite-list] New-Orleans and Saint Aubin now available

From: Impactika_at_aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:35 2004

--part1_15e.26e089fa.2ccb308a_boundary

Hello everybody!

I have just received some tiny fragments of the New-Orleans meteorite, and a
few slices of Saint Aubin, the new ungrouped octahedrite from France (more
coming soon). And they are all ready for you to enjoy.

The New-Orleans meteorite is indeed very friable, and the fragments are
small, the largest is 0.10g, but I can see chondrules peeking out, and there are a
few flakes of crust here and there. They will be shipped in small membrane
boxes, 0.10g per box. That means that the first response gets the bigggest
fragment, the second will get a couple fragments to make up 0.10g, and so on, until
I run out of fragments. And the price: $25.00 for each box. I'll pay regular
postage within the States.

Right now, I have 2 small part-slices of St Aubin, the weights are 78.87g and
70.57g. And a small part endpiece of 50.81g. and 2 much larger slices
(344.72g and 250.92g). If they don't sell quickly they will probably be cut. Saint
Aubin is an ungrouped octahedrite with a lot of inclusions, these slices show a
lot of needles of shreibersite, I see one about 5cm long. Pictures available
upon request. And the price is $5/gram.

And no, they are not on my site, I haven't taken the time to post them yet.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you!

Anne M. Black
www. IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com
IMCA #2356

--part1_15e.26e089fa.2ccb308a_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hello everybody!
<BR>
<BR>I have just received some tiny fragments of the New-Orleans meteorite, a=
nd a few slices of Saint Aubin, the new ungrouped octahedrite from France (m=
ore coming soon). And they are all ready for you to enjoy.
<BR>
<BR>The New-Orleans meteorite is indeed very friable, and the fragments are=20=
small, the largest is 0.10g, but I can see chondrules peeking out, and there=
 are a few flakes of crust here and there. They will be shipped in small mem=
brane boxes, 0.10g per box. That means that the first response gets the bigg=
gest fragment, the second will get a couple fragments to make up 0.10g, and=20=
so on, until I run out of fragments. And the price: $25.00 for each box. I'l=
l pay regular postage within the States.
<BR>
<BR>Right now, I have 2 small part-slices of St Aubin, the weights are 78.87=
g and 70.57g. And a small part endpiece of 50.81g. and 2 much larger slices=20=
(344.72g and 250.92g). &nbsp;If they don't sell quickly they will probably b=
e cut. Saint Aubin is an ungrouped octahedrite with a lot of inclusions, the=
se slices show a lot of needles of shreibersite, I see one about 5cm long. P=
ictures available upon request. &nbsp;And the price is $5/gram. &nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>And no, they are not on my site, I haven't taken the time to post them y=
et.=20
<BR>Let me know if you have any questions.
<BR>Thank you!
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>Anne M. Black
<BR>www. IMPACTIKA.com
<BR>IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com
<BR>IMCA &nbsp;#2356</FONT></HTML>

--part1_15e.26e089fa.2ccb308a_boundary--