[meteorite-list] Recognizing a Venusian meteorite

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:35 2004

More to the point where are all the earth meteorites? We should be able
to recognize them, (one would hope!), I guess as most of the earths
immediate surface is soil, or sedimentary rock(s), an earthite meteorite
would be pretty strange do date no true 'sedimentary' meteorites have
been found?, I guess it would probably look like a tektite I.e silica
glass... or would they be just be highly shocked ordinary terrestrial
rocks but with a fusion crust?

Mark Ford