[meteorite-list] meteoriteshow

From: meteoriteshow <meteoriteshow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:34 2004

C'est un message de format MIME en plusieurs parties.

------=_NextPart_000_0070_01C3994F.C36D6B60

Hello the List,

I have already sent few messages to the List since I got filed a week =
ago, but did not really introduce myself (even though some of you may =
know me already).
Christophe and I have started searching for meteorites in Sahara Desert =
about 2 years ago, organizing 3 expeditions so far. We have found =
something like 100 different individuals, including 5 carbonaceous =
chondrites that have been classified by MNHN Paris, 1 Ureilite and =
probably 1 impact melt (that are not classified yet, under analysis at =
ENS Lyon).
We have been very lucky for our first trip (10 meteorites , finding the =
first CM2 from Algeria (Acfer 331 - TKW 750g), one nice CV3 containing =
beautiful CAIs (Acfer 328 - TKW 180g) and two non-paired CO3 (Acfer 332 =
- TKW 115g & Acfer 333 - TKW 489g). And what to say about the wonderful =
feeling we had, when discovering a 30kg ordinary chondrite (Acfer 329 - =
L4/L5 W0), half buried !... We got quite crazy, dancing and screaming =
around this stone lost in the middle of nowhere. Hopefully there was =
nobody to see us, else I guess we would have been taken to some =
asylum... That was really unbelievable for a first attempt, moving =
around for one week only !!!
Our second trip was in April-May 2002. Sand storms and high temperatures =
in Tanezrouft did not help that much to keep concentrated on watching =
around in order to find those black space rocks. For one week, we had 55 =
to 57=B0C between 12 and 4 pm. But, this is when we found "Naomie", a =
5.4 kg carbonaceous chondrite that has been officially named Tanezrouft =
057 by the Meteoritical Society, classified by the MNHN Paris as a C4 =
anomalous. This stone is amazing. There is no fusion crust at all =
despite it was almost completely buried but it is very dark, from the =
black colour of its matrix. And cutting slices is so exciting, as each =
new section shows incredible inclusions (CAIs, Dark Inclusions) and =
clasts ! If some of you like to see some pictures, you can link to the =
page of our web site : =
http://meteoriteshow.free.fr/meteoriteshow%20angl/pages%20meteorites/ck4.=
html.
And during our last trip, we did not find any carbonaceous chondrite =
upon the 43 individuals that we brought back, but as mentioned before we =
got one Ureilite weighing 68g and an even smaller stone weighing 50g =
which is highly suspected to be an impact melt...

We started searching for meteorites as Desert lovers who heard about the =
fact that some have been found over there, who were looking for more =
good reasons to enjoy those wonderful landscapes. And I can tell you, =
this is a great experience and we will go again this winter, searching =
for new finds and why not witnessing a fall one evening at the bivouac =
when watching shooting stars (this is our dream of course !).

Well, I don't want to make it so long, but should you like to see more =
about our collection and expeditions, you can have a look at our web =
site : http://www.meteoriteshow.com. Any comment is welcome, specially =
about possible mistakes that you may detect as we may have left some ! I =
will be glad to answer to you if you have some questions. Should any of =
you be interested in some complete meteorites (that are non classified =
ordinary chondrites with no real scientific interest but nice shapes) or =
slices of classified meteorites, we have some for sale in order to =
finance our trips and will be happy to respond your requests. From time =
to time, we put on line a list of slices for sale with pictures and will =
inform the List. All of them are duly documented with pictures and GPS =
coordinates, supplied with an authenticity certificate, and we can send =
pictures snapped on site and the complete ID cards can be downloaded =
from our web site.

That's all for now folks !

All the best

Frederic Beroud
www.meteoriteshow.com

PS : I have a question. As a new comer to the community of meteorites, I =
am trying to become an IMCA member, but after more than a month since I =
contacted them I never got any reply... Does anybody can help ?

------=_NextPart_000_0070_01C3994F.C36D6B60

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE></TITLE>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DISO-8859-1>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY text=3D#000000 bgColor=3D#ffffff><!--[if !mso]><![endif]--><!--[if =
gte mso 9]><xml>
 <o:OfficeDocumentSettings>
  <o:DoNotRelyOnCSS/>
 </o:OfficeDocumentSettings>
 <w:WordDocument>
  <w:GrammarState>Clean</w:GrammarState>
  <w:DocumentKind>DocumentEmail</w:DocumentKind>
  <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone>
  <w:EnvelopeVis/>
  <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel>
 </w:WordDocument>
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]>
 /* Style Definitions */=20
 table.MsoNormalTable
        {mso-style-name:"Normale Tabelle";
        mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
        mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
        mso-style-noshow:yes;
        mso-style-parent:"";
        mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
        mso-para-margin:0cm;
        mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
        font-size:10.0pt;
        font-family:"Times New Roman";}
<![endif]-->
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello the List,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have already sent few messages to the =
List since=20
I&nbsp;got filed&nbsp;a week ago, but did not really introduce myself =
(even=20
though some of you may know me already).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Christophe and I have started searching =
for=20
meteorites in Sahara Desert about 2 years ago, organizing 3 expeditions =
so far.=20
We have found something like 100 different&nbsp;individuals, including 5 =

carbonaceous chondrites that have been classified by MNHN Paris, 1 =
Ureilite and=20
probably 1 impact melt (that are not classified yet, under analysis at =
ENS=20
Lyon).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We have been very lucky for our first =
trip (10=20
meteorites , finding the first CM2 from Algeria (Acfer 331 - TKW 750g), =
one nice=20
CV3 containing beautiful CAIs (Acfer 328 - TKW 180g) and two non-paired =
CO3=20
(Acfer 332 - TKW 115g &amp; Acfer 333 - TKW 489g). And what to say about =
the=20
wonderful feeling we had, when discovering a 30kg ordinary chondrite =
(Acfer 329=20
- L4/L5 W0), half buried !... We got quite crazy, dancing and screaming =
around=20
this stone lost in the middle of nowhere. Hopefully there was nobody to =
see us,=20
else I guess we would have been taken to some asylum... That was really=20
unbelievable for a first attempt, moving around for one week only=20
!!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Our second trip was in April-May 2002. =
Sand storms=20
and high temperatures in Tanezrouft did not help that much to keep =
concentrated=20
on watching around in order to find those black space rocks. For one =
week, we=20
had 55 to 57=B0C between 12 and 4 pm. But, this is when we found =
"Naomie", a 5.4=20
kg carbonaceous chondrite that has been officially named Tanezrouft 057 =
by the=20
Meteoritical Society, classified by the MNHN Paris as a C4 anomalous. =
This stone=20
is amazing. There is no fusion crust at all despite it was almost =
completely=20
buried but it is very dark, from the black colour of its matrix. And =
cutting=20
slices is so exciting, as each new section shows incredible inclusions =
(CAIs,=20
Dark Inclusions) and clasts ! If some of you like to see some pictures, =
you can=20
link to the page of our web site : <A=20
href=3D"http://meteoriteshow.free.fr/meteoriteshow%20angl/pages%20meteori=
tes/ck4.html">http://meteoriteshow.free.fr/meteoriteshow%20angl/pages%20m=
eteorites/ck4.html</A>.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>And during our last trip, we did not =
find any=20
carbonaceous chondrite upon the 43 individuals that we brought back, but =
as=20
mentioned before we got one Ureilite weighing 68g and an even smaller =
stone=20
weighing 50g which is highly suspected to be an impact =
melt...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We started searching for meteorites as =
Desert=20
lovers who heard about the fact that some have been found over there, =
who were=20
looking for more good reasons to enjoy those wonderful landscapes. And I =
can=20
tell you, this is a great experience and we will go again this winter, =
searching=20
for new finds and why not witnessing a fall one evening at the bivouac =
when=20
watching shooting stars (this is our dream of course !).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Well, I don't want to make it so long, =
but should=20
you like to see more about our collection and expeditions, you can have =
a look=20
at our web site : <A=20
href=3D"http://www.meteoriteshow.com">http://www.meteoriteshow.com</A>. =
Any=20
comment is welcome, specially about possible mistakes that you may =
detect as we=20
may have left some ! I will be glad to answer to you if you have some =
questions.=20
Should any of you be interested in some complete meteorites (that are =
non=20
classified ordinary chondrites with no real scientific interest but nice =

shapes)&nbsp;or slices of classified meteorites, we have some for sale =
in order=20
to finance our trips and will be happy to respond your requests. From =
time to=20
time, we put on line a list of slices for sale with pictures and will =
inform the=20
List. All of them are duly documented with pictures and GPS coordinates, =

supplied with an authenticity certificate, and we can send pictures =
snapped on=20
site and the complete ID cards can be downloaded from our web =
site.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>That's all for now folks !</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>All the best</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Frederic Beroud<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.meteoriteshow.com">www.meteoriteshow.com</A></FONT></D=

<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>PS : I have a question. As a new comer =
to the=20
community of meteorites, I am trying to become an IMCA member, but after =
more=20
than a month since I contacted them&nbsp;I never got any reply... Does =
anybody=20
can help ?</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0070_01C3994F.C36D6B60--