[meteorite-list] Virtual pics at NHM:Christmas lectures:Animal meteorites:Welcome Vishnu

From: jim <frozen_starwing_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:33 2004

Greetings list members
         What a great link that was Elton.Thanks for
posting it.Just as Parnalee is being discussed up pops
a 3D series of images of a wonderful chunk of it.I
love it.As Mark Ford alluded to,the actual display in
the NHM leaves a lot to be desired,with only a tiny
portion of their actual collection on public
display.Still worth a visit though by all means.

     Looking forward to Dr. Gradys' christmas
lectures,thanks for the early note on that Rob.

Nice Imilac rabbit Gregory.I must recount how I
recently gave my cousin a piece of Sikhote-Alin and a
small piece of Canyon Diablo.He used a small neodymium
magnet that I had given him a while ago and stuck the
two meteorites together to form an excellent duck.I'll
get a pic of this at some point,it's quite good
really.Working on somewhere to display some pics also
as I plan on taking a few in Munich next week.

And lastly,I'd like to add my voice to the welcome for
Vishnu.Good luck with your studies and your
forthcoming collection.Happy dreaming!!