[meteorite-list] Beginner Collection-suggestions

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:33 2004

Vishnu,

My initial advice for starting a collection is don't' - it's really
addictive!!!! (only kidding :)

If I were starting my collection again from scratch, I would save my
money up and buy a very large fresh individual such as Bensour or Gao as
a centre piece, then a slice of etched Iron such as Gibeon is essential,
and a couple of cheap tektites, and you have a start. Then it's just a
case of adding to it when things come up you like eucrites are nice,
there is the obligatory piece of Mars and Moon and the rest will follow
once you are 'hooked'.=20

To me collecting one of everything is all very well, but you end up with
meteorites you don't like much but 'have to have to complete the
collection'. My advice is just to buy what interests you as funds
permit.

Welcome to the list!

Mark Ford