[meteorite-list] Collecting Habits

From: Eduardo <rockhoundm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:33 2004

Hi
I have different collecting areas.
One is a systematic. I try to have different types. This include
varieties (i.e in diogenites a green like Tatahouine and a white like
Bilanga). On this ones I prefer falls but a rare find is OK too.
A second one is a "private" collection which includes specimens from my
country (Argentina), and falls/finds related with my birthday. Of course
this make some pieces to be in 2 or 3 areas, like Acapulco which is in
the systematic collection but also fall in my 13th birthday.
In the two above I prefer end-pieces, if possible with crusted back.
A third one is meteorites with "history". Examples are Morasko (find when
digging in a war), Oued-el-hadjar (broken in a wedding), Winona (found in
stone cist), car smashers, killers, and of course the typical historical
ones like Ensisheim, L'Aigle, Siena (this one still missing in my
collection), etc
Finally the odd collection: I like meteorites with natural holes. I have
A nice Sikhote-Aline (like many collectors have) but also a Nantan, a
Henbury, a Nuevo mercurio individual (from King collection)... and a
Moldavite! If you have a different one for trade let me know. (I don't
collect not natural holes like the iron slices with holes made by missing
troilite inclusion).

Eduardo