[meteorite-list] Announding eBayMeteorites

From: Steve Schoner <steve_schoner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:30 2004

--0-1732677386-1066324088=:14871

Okay,

I have had a number of persons on this list say that it is a great idea, and I have bitten the bullet to do it.

I announce eBayMeteorites:

The purpose of this group is to present exclusive meteorite auctions to the meteorite collecting community. I propose that once a week rather then listing numerous separate auctions here on this list that all members of this list who wish to post eBay auctions do it on eBayMeteorites. Once a week on Sunday I will make an announcement for the auctions their pending. Auctions should be set up for Sunday as the ending date and starting date.

I will attempt to take the responsibility to post such announcements at 12 p.m. MST each Sunday. However, should I be out of town and such an announcement does not appear, any member of this list can feel free to post a link to this exclusive site after that time if I have not done it.

Otherwise I will be looking for a co-moderator take over this responsibility should I be out of town.

The reason for this idea is too keep this list for meteorite subjects only, and to minimize the sheer number of they eBay adds that the often appear here. They would all be combined into one place, and one announcement for that place will be made once a week on Sundays.

All IMCA members are invited to try it out.

Maybe it's a good idea or not. You decide.

Then...

Shoot me...

or

shower me with meteorites.

Steve Schoner/ams

--0-1732677386-1066324088=:14871

<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>Okay,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have had a number of persons on this list say that it is a great idea, and I have bitten the bullet to do it.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I announce&nbsp; eBayMeteorites:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eBayMeteorites/">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eBayMeteorites/</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The purpose of this group is to present exclusive meteorite auctions to&nbsp;the meteorite collecting community.&nbsp; I propose that once a week rather then listing numerous separate auctions here on this list that all members of this list who wish to post eBay auctions do it on eBayMeteorites.&nbsp; Once a week on Sunday I will make an announcement for the auctions their pending.&nbsp; Auctions should be set up for Sunday as the ending date and starting date.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I will attempt to take the responsibility to post such announcements at 12 p.m. MST each Sunday.&nbsp; However, should I be out of town&nbsp;and such an announcement does not appear, any member of this list can feel free to post a link to this exclusive site after that time if I have not done it.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Otherwise I will be looking for a co-moderator take over this responsibility should I be out of town.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The reason for this idea&nbsp;is too keep this list for meteorite subjects only, and to minimize the sheer number of they eBay adds that the often appear here.&nbsp; They would all be combined into one place, and one announcement for that place will be made once a week on Sundays.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>All IMCA members are invited to try it out.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Maybe it's a good idea or not.&nbsp; You decide.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Then...</DIV>
<P>Shoot me...</P>
<P>or </P>