[meteorite-list] Updated Antarctic chondrite mass histograms

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:28 2004

Hi All,

I solved the dip mystery in the Antarctic data -- my plot only
included data for chondrites that had both Fa and Fs measured for
them. I went back to my original data and extracted ALL the
Antarctic equilibrated chondrites that had masses reported --
10145 of them (vs. 3454 before). This improves the statistics
and gets rid of the L hump.

The median L mass is still 50% greater than for H (and H is
over 60% greater than for LL), which might be worth theorizing
about:

 L median mass = 24.84 g
 H median mass = 16.55 g
LL median mass = 10.21 g