[meteorite-list] RE: Pads for 2"x2" boxes

From: Michael Gallant <miga_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:27 2004

Hello List,
I had the pleasure of helping out a sweet lady, Anne Black, with her
need for a padded 2x2 specimen box. We, (my daughter and I) built a
quickie fixture to fabricate a two piece pad. The base layer is a 1/2"
thick white foam topped with a white 1/16" thick felt. I think, similar
to the pad supplied with the 1x1 specimen box that Walter Branch offers.

I do have several left-overs from this effort so if you send along your
mailing address, I'll get a couple of samples to you. At this point, I
have no plans for "real" production, as this effort is somewhat labor
(cost) heavy now. If there is sufficient interest, I'll look into a
cutter making the pad cost a bit more palatable.

Best wishes to all,
Mike Gallant, IMCA 7583