[meteorite-list] Matteo's Challenge Answered(was India #2)

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:25 2004

Dear List,
I don't know about most of the list members, but after slicing a
meteorite, I still can not tell by looking, the difference between an L
and an H with a loupe or a magnet.......AND, I have been cautioned by a
very professional meteorite friend to not even get into the habit of
doing the guessing. So, back to having the professional with the
optical and microprobe means to do the mineralology, be it large (in my
opinion, not huge) sliced meteorite, or micro crumb.
Best,
Dave Freeman