[meteorite-list] India, new message

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:25 2004

Good morning all.
I want to clarify a couple of things, we all seem to
forget that while meteorites are important, people are
far more inportant. The poor people here have no luck,
the rains and floods come every year, thousands die,
then every few years cyclones wipe the entire area
clean, only to start the cycle again. there is nowhere
else for the people to go, they have to live here.
I must say that the people here are the NICEST I have
ever met anywhere in the world, the children are so
inquisitive, we played some games yesterday while
waiting in a village. I am not driven by my hunt for
meteorites, I already have given away basically
everything i brought except the clothes I still need
to get home. there are about 20 people wearing $20 to
$50 shirts, which cost more than they make in a year!
I always do this, I take clothes, and toys and give
them away. I had no room for toys unfortunately, but
the children here live the lives they should, playing,
swimming, and fishing all day.
India is indeed the worts poverty and the most
beautiful place I have ever seen. I will indeed be
coming back, making India a high priority on my trips
to see the world, it will take many trips to even get
a glimpse of this large country.
I cant explain what I have seen, the sights and
smells, all mixed into a large collage of colors, rich
and poor, dirty and pristine, all mixed together. The
landscape of flloded fields, rice paddies, palm trees,
towering thunderstorms, and monkeys playing in the
road is like nothing i have ever seen.
If you want to know this place, you must come here,
photos and stories tell nothing, you must experiance
it. While I might get frustrated at the roads, it is
fascinating, so alien to me to see what I have seen. I
thought Burkina Faso was wild, it has NOTHING on
India.

I highly suggest anyone with the time and means come
here, you wil lnever forget it.
So as far as the meteorite goes, to me this trip was a
perfect success, financially it is a disaster, so when
Iget home, I must hold another sale to help pay the
bills which will come in the mail, regardless of
whether I get any meteorite or not.

You should all thank whatever god you believe in or
just fate that you were fortunate enough to have what
you have, these people have nothing, and the floods
take even that away. then the government comes and
takes their meteorite as well with no compensation
whatsoever.

Please note, I cannot check my comcast mail from here,
for whatever reason, so if you are trying to contact
me that way, please use this address, sorry I cant
email all of you privately, too many emails, and
internet is so hard to use here it isnt even funny.

Matteo, I can now see that you are very anti-american.
That is your business, but I hope anyone from the USA
on this list see's that and would never deal with you
again. You are nothing but a lier and a theif (Dont
think that I have forgotton the pieces of
Fredericksburg that you bought from me 2 years ago and
never paid for)! I have written them off, they were
small and I dont have the time to even try and get
them or the money from you, I would never have
mentioned this, but you have dug yourself so deep a
hole that you will never climb out. And by the way,
tell that other Italian guy who stole the Esquel piece
the same way, to pay me the $100 he owes me (YEAH
RIGHT). It seems that Italians are theives, not the
Americans as you like to say.
Look at yourself in a mirror Matteo, you need to come
to terms with what you are.

I hope to send another meteorite report tonight.

Thanks to everyone
Mike Farmer