[meteorite-list] ebay descriptions

From: Tom aka James Knudson <knudson911_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:24 2004

Hello List, Just taking a poll, am I the only one who gets irritated at some
peoples ebay descriptions? It is so strange how some sellers have only
"museum quality" meteorites whether it is a 40 pound SA or a 20g rusted
Nantan. Others, everything is "HUGE" or "GIGANTIC" even if it is a 12g iron.
   What ever happen to truth in advertising? Do some people just not have it
in them to be honest? Are they so desperate to make a sell that they have to
lie? I personally will not buy from sellers that have to use deception to
sell a meteorite. If it's a case of them just not knowing, then they should
spend a few minutes looking around ebay! : )
Thanks, Tom
Peregrineflier <><
The proudest member of the IMCA 6168