[meteorite-list] The cork screwing tail

From: (wrong string) ørn Sørheim <bsoerhei_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:22 2004

Hello GeoZay,
But it is for shure twisting!
Stand above your computer screen, look down parallell with
the screen surface in the direction of the tail. Place a ruler
from the front of the (meteor) head, to the back of the
last point on the tail.
See those sine form bulges on both sides of the ruler?
Perfect sine form - a corckscrewing tail.
We see it directly from below, if we saw it from behind or front those
bulges would have been multiplied and much tighter toghether.
Also a fast moving or slowly rotating one produces fewer turns,
I would assume.

Regards,
Bjørn Sørheim