[meteorite-list] PARK FOREST

From: Comcast Mail <bobe5531_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:22 2004

Steve,

How did it go last Friday in Park Forest?
I know it rained bigtime. Did you guys get a chance to hunt at all?
I still plan to hunt , if I can find the time.
I met a guy from Crete who wanted to sell me a small piece. Wanted too much
money though $30 per gram and it was considerably weathered.
But he had one other piece , about 30 or 40 grams that kind of looked like
Park Forest but I couldn't really tell. It was a very weathered piece and
made me wonder if any pieces that were out in the field now would be in as
poor of condition .He said he found it in an area that would have kept it
partially submerged in water about two weeks ago.
It may be that there arent any other pieces out there that will be easily
discernible anymore.Then again it could have just been a terrestrial rock,
but it was the best Park Forest meteorwrong that Ive seen.
Bob Evans