[meteorite-list] A question about the Wales Photo

From: MrX3010_at_aol.com <MrX3010_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:21 2004

--part1_6b.1a23cb5e.2cb0356a_boundary

I have been looking over this image (the Wales photo#1) for a while now, and
have to ask this. In the story one of the boys shouts "the sun has
exploded.." Then John looks up and snaps the pic. Ok what if John snapped the pic a
second after the asteroid either blew apart or disintegrated leaving only a cloud
of glowing plasma? Is this possible at all? The point at which he took the
photo seems like its right after the main event not during as NASA seemed to
first think. I ask because I remember watching the Leonoids a few years ago and
some of the larger fireballs left glowing plasma trails that lingered for
minutes. Either way I agree the pic is awesome and I don't think it was faked
since another image has turned up, and there may be others out there still to turn
up.

Just an idea,
Later,
Ron

--part1_6b.1a23cb5e.2cb0356a_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">I have been looking over this image (the Wales photo#1=
) for a while now, and have to ask this.&nbsp; In the story one of the boys=20=
shouts "the sun has exploded.." Then John looks up and snaps the pic. Ok wha=
t if John snapped the pic a second after the asteroid either blew apart or d=
isintegrated leaving only a cloud of glowing plasma? Is this possible at all=
?&nbsp; The point at which he took the photo seems like its right after the=20=
main event not during as NASA seemed to first think. I ask because I remembe=
r watching the Leonoids a few years ago and some of the larger fireballs lef=
t glowing plasma trails that lingered for minutes.&nbsp; Either way I agree=20=
the pic is awesome and I don't think it was faked since another image has tu=
rned up, and there may be others out there still to turn up.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Just an idea,<BR>
Later,<BR>