[meteorite-list] PF fireball?

From: Tom aka James Knudson <knudson911_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:19 2004

Hello List, I don't remember exactly what was all said about the PF
fireball. What I do think I remember is it is thought that the large flash
seen was below the clouds that were at 7000 ft? I always thought that
sounded a little low.
   What do you think of this? I was just out side hoping to see an October
fireball. We have a layer of cirrus clouds blowing in. One of the large
clouds covering my house looked to have bright lightning flashing within it.
I thought, this is weird, I did not think there was any clouds besides the
cirrus. These were very bright flashes!!! Well a few minutes later I figured
it out. An airplane flew out from above the thin cloud, it's white strobe
was making the flashes. The clouds seemed to have magnified the white light.
the red and green directional lights were not visible.
  So I am thinking the same thing happened at PF, the flash was above the
clouds and looked like it was below. That's my theory and I am sticking to
it!
Thanks, Tom
Peregrineflier <><
The proudest member of the IMCA 6168