[meteorite-list] Weight VS Size ?

From: Ing. Christian ANGER <christian.anger_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:54 2004

Hi Tom !

Nearly all of the materials have different weigths compared to their
volumes.
It depends an different factors.

A new article in the latest issue (No 8/2003) of "Meteoritics and Planetary
Science"
has a good abstract to this subject. It is called
"Stony meteorite porosities and densities".
Datas were taken from 925 samples of 454 different meteorites also from
different classes
like Achondrites, carbonaceous chondrites, enstatite chondrites, ordinary
chondritesand even stony irons.
There you can see the variety of all the materials.

This is what I was myself looking a long time for.

Maybe Bernd can remember, as I once asked him too about densities of
meteorites.

I don't know if this really helps you Tom, as you have to be subscribed to
the MetSoc to get
the magazine.

More information about this you get at

http://www.meteoriticalsociety.org/simple_template.cfm?code=pub_MAPS