[meteorite-list] Vesta meteorite???

From: Tom aka James Knudson <knudson911_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:53 2004

Ron Wrote;
"Actually, yes. There are at least 20 other asteroids that have specta
matches
with the HED's. It turns out though all of these other asteroids
are small, and they all have similar orbits as Vesta. So the conclusion
was drawn that these smaller asteroids are chips off the larger Vesta,
and Vesta is still the parent body of all of the HED meteorites"

Would I be wrong in assuming that HED's could be from the same impact that
broke the "chips" off of Vesta?

Thanks, Tom
Peregrineflier <><
Yea, that's right,