[meteorite-list] A Letter From Noe Garza

From: Rob Wesel <nakhladog_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:52 2004

As written by Noe Garza
Again, this is for personal archive use only, use of this transcript to
generate profit in any way is not authorized:

On March 26, 2003 around 11:50 pm we the Garza's had an unusual thing happen
to us. A very special gift from God.

As I was growing up going to school, we learned a lot of strange things in
space. I really did not care about meteorites or anything in that subject.
Yes I had to learn to pass and get a grade. Never in my I thought of one
hitting my house!

One of the greatest things was meeting a lot of people. All the meteorite
collectors and buyers. I became friends with some and still to this day we
keep in contact via email. If you ask me some were really a little crazy but
this is the way they make their living buying and selling.

After dealing with the meteorite collectors and the media my life changed
somewhat. I was able to buy things I could not afford. We made some changes
to our home like a new kitchen, new floor in living and dining rooms. We
also helped out our parents who are retired now. My son bought a bike and my
other two sons who are married also received a little cash.

My wife Paulette got a digital camera and as for me a beer tapper/cooler, I
wanted that for years. And if you ask me if I miss the media around "yes I
do". Once in a while I run into some old friends and they talk about me
being on TV. I was able to save a lot of media coverage newspapers and TV
news video.

I would like to thank Rob Elliot from the U.K. for buying some meteorites
from me and still keeping in touch with us, Steve Witt from Indiana for
calling me and bringing Rob Elliot to us. Greg and Adam Hupe for purchasing
my damaged bedroom, both from Washington. Rob Wesel who sent us a DVD of the
news coverage. It was also nice meeting Mike Farmer, Rob Haag, Allen
Langheinrich, Steve Arnold, Edwin Thomson, Greg(ory) Wilson.

Up to this day I have not stopped learning more about meteorites. I go
online and do some research almost every day. I'm waiting to hear from some
meteorite magazines that have written about us.

This letter was especially written for Robert Wesel. Thanks Rob for
everything.

Noe Garza

Rob Wesel