[meteorite-list] rich guy on ebay?

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:52 2004

 Dear List and Tom;
How about since we purchase meteorites by the gram, that someone
suggest to the gentleman that he include a gram weight. An additional
thought, see what pieces of allende are selling for per gram and put a
price in that neighborhood. Since dimensions are an approximate, and
his $50 is there....seems high at a glance to me, if I new the grams and
had time to check out other allende selling prices I could probably tell
you it may be high priced and lacking enough information. Is it a whole
specimen or a fragment? Fusion crust.....Maybe some one could send him
this thought....or not, only the strong survive.
 I see no IMCA logo, although is feed back is ok, do we trust not to buy
an odd meteorite from anywhere that is labeled Allende? By the
pictures, it could be a piece of roasted California dwelling that is
being auctioned. That is just my opinion and I am unanimous in that.
Busy shipping,
Dave Freeman
IMCA # 3864
mjwy with auctions running