[meteorite-list] "Odd ball" non-standard petrologic slides on eBay

From: Steve Schoner <steve_schoner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:52 2004

Look,

I am not interested in arguing with you nor do I have
any "agenda" or am I accusing you of such. Industry
standard is industry standard-- that is 1 13/16 x 1
1/16" x .065" I have seen many, many petrologic
slides, not only of meteorites but common rocks, and
these are very close to the above stated sizes with
little variation.

And an accepted standard for petrologic slides works
for all standard petrologic microscope equipment.

If your slides are off standard, irregardless if they
deviate from this size I would not be interested in
any of them no matter how well they might be made.

I want something that can be use with all "standard"
petrologic microscopes and devices.

If yours are not standard, with specimen off center
and the slide 1 x 1.5 inches, then maybe you should
find a better maker. And there are many such
petrologic slide makers out there.

That is all I can say.

Steve Schoner/ams