[meteorite-list] Strange Lights Seen Over Northern California

From: GeoZay_at_aol.com <GeoZay_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:52 2004

-------------------------------1069440750

In a message dated 11/21/2003 9:49:30 AM Pacific Standard Time,
baalke_at_zagami.jpl.nasa.gov writes:

>>Richard Garbe was sure it was a meteor. "I thought, 'Holy Toledo! Look at
that bright light!' It streaked across the sky like a meteor," said Garbe, 39,
who was driving home on southbound 101 to San Jose in his pick-up truck
with a co-worker. He said it went on for "about two to three seconds." <<
This descriptions describes a meteor. The first half of the article only says
it was something red. No description of it moving or longevity. Unless
someone gives a report that sounds different than this, I'd say the coast guard was
right about it being a meteor. However, it being a Leonid is also in debate
until a time of it's occurrence is given. The Leonid radiant doesn't rise until
about 10:30 to 11:00 pm. If it's anywhere near this time or later, good bet a
Leonid. If earlier, some other shower or sporadic.
George Zay

-------------------------------1069440750

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>In a message dated 11/21/2003 9:49:30 AM Pacific Standard Time, baalke_at_=
zagami.jpl.nasa.gov writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue=20=
2px solid"><BR><FONT face=3DArial>&gt;&gt;Richard Garbe was sure it was a me=
teor. "I thought, 'Holy Toledo! Look at<BR>that bright light!' It streaked a=
cross the sky like a meteor," said Garbe, 39,<BR>who was driving home on sou=
thbound 101 to San Jose in his pick-up truck<BR>with a co-worker. He said it=
 went on for "about two to three seconds." &lt;&lt;</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV>This descriptions describes a meteor. The first half of the article onl=
y says it was something red. No description of it moving or longevity. Unles=
s someone gives a report that sounds different than this, I'd say the coast=20=
guard was right about it being a meteor. However, it being a Leonid is also=20=
in debate until a time of it's occurrence is given. The Leonid radiant doesn=
't rise until about 10:30 to 11:00 pm. If it's anywhere near this time or la=
ter, good bet a Leonid. If earlier, some other shower or sporadic.</DIV>
<DIV>George Zay</DIV>
<DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>