[meteorite-list] Aurora from UK

From: STUARTATK_at_aol.com <STUARTATK_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:52 2004

--part1_1c2.11ee68a0.2cee961d_boundary

Wow...!!

Just back in from *three hours* of constant aurora watching... just gorgeous
from Cockermouth, it had it all - a beautiful, strawberry-milk-shake red
corona; almost cherry-red beams, slanting up from the NW to overhead; row after row
of green-white rays, turning the sky into a huge picket fence... just
wonderful...! And at times it was so bright I could see shadows cast behind my photo
tripod as I took my pictures...

It's still going on out there, I've just come back to dry-off (very damp out
there, so dew everywhere!), change films, grab a coffee and then I'll be right
back up to the school field again...

Looking forward to reading everyone else's reports...!!

Stu

--part1_1c2.11ee68a0.2cee961d_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Wow...!!<BR>
<BR>
Just back in from *three hours* of constant aurora watching... just gorgeous=
 from Cockermouth, it had it all - a beautiful, strawberry-milk-shake red co=
rona; almost cherry-red beams, slanting up from the NW to overhead; row afte=
r row of green-white rays, turning the sky into a huge picket fence... just=20=
wonderful...! And at times it was so bright I could see shadows cast behind=20=
my photo tripod as I took my pictures...<BR>
<BR>
It's still going on out there, I've just come back to dry-off (very damp out=
 there, so dew everywhere!), change films, grab a coffee and then I'll be ri=
ght back up to the school field again...<BR>
<BR>
Looking forward to reading everyone else's reports...!!<BR>
<BR>
Stu</FONT></HTML>

--part1_1c2.11ee68a0.2cee961d_boundary--