[meteorite-list] Back to Earth...

From: STUARTATK_at_aol.com <STUARTATK_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:50 2004

--part1_aa.250e54e6.2ce9baa4_boundary

Hi all,

Well...! Frankly I'm a little overwhelmed by the response to my account of
Friday's school visit. I never expected that reaction; I was just hoping to
remind everyone of how lucky we are to do, and be "in this" together, but the
offers of donations have been quite amazing - not *surprising*, because I've known
since Day #1 that I'm a member of a very generous, very compassionate
community, that's what makes the occasional flame wars easy to ignore and forget.
Anger is like the tide - it rises, sometimes perilously high, but it always
rolls back again.

So, thank you everyone who has offered to donate a piece of meteorite to
Russell, I'll be delighted and honoured to pass the pieces on. He'll be thrilled,
as will the school and its staff. Schools have a really hard time of it over
here, they're often not very well funded at all, so anything like this is very
welcome, and ALL the kids will be thrilled to have contact with people from
the US, I'm sure. I'll need to contact the school to set the wheels in motion,
because strictly-speaking I shouldn't have given so many personal details about
him (Privacy, etc), but I'm sure it'll be okay. There was actually a second
kid there who was ill, not so ill as Russell, but not well at all, who just sat
quietly and listened, so maybe I could - on your behalf, and with your
permission - divert one of the donations to him, too.

Leave it with me, I'll set things up. Again, thank you.

Guess it *did* bring everyone "back to Earth" huh? :-)

Stu

--part1_aa.250e54e6.2ce9baa4_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Hi all,<BR>
<BR>
Well...! Frankly I'm a little overwhelmed by the response to my account of F=
riday's school visit. I never expected that reaction; I was just hoping to r=
emind everyone of how lucky we are to do, and be "in this" together, but the=
 offers of donations have been quite amazing - not *surprising*, because I'v=
e known since Day #1 that I'm a member of a&nbsp; very generous, very compas=
sionate community, that's what makes the occasional flame wars easy to ignor=
e and forget. Anger is like the tide - it rises, sometimes perilously high,=20=
but it always rolls back again.<BR>
<BR>
So, thank you everyone who has offered to donate a piece of meteorite to Rus=
sell, I'll be delighted and honoured to pass the pieces on. He'll be thrille=
d, as will the school and its staff. Schools have a really hard time of it o=
ver here, they're often not very well funded at all, so anything like this i=
s very welcome, and ALL the kids will be thrilled to have contact with peopl=
e from the US, I'm sure. I'll need to contact the school to set the wheels i=
n motion, because strictly-speaking I shouldn't have given so many personal=20=
details about him (Privacy, etc), but I'm sure it'll be okay. There was actu=
ally a second kid there who was ill, not so ill as Russell, but not well at=20=
all, who just sat quietly and listened, so maybe I could - on your behalf, a=
nd with your permission - divert one of the donations to him, too. <BR>
<BR>
Leave it with me, I'll set things up. Again, thank you. <BR>
<BR>
Guess it *did* bring everyone "back to Earth" huh? :-)<BR>
<BR>
Stu</FONT></HTML>

--part1_aa.250e54e6.2ce9baa4_boundary--