[meteorite-list] Since we are on the subject of testing

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:49 2004

------=_NextPart_001_0039_01C3ABC1.4A92D340

Hello Gregory and list,

Gregory wrote: That was the basis of my question - it seems like the na=
me "Oum Rokba" has almost become somewhat of a catch-all. =20

I have seen that to be the case several times myself on questionable "Oum=
 Rokba's" sold the last year. I believe that the Oum Rokba's myself, Cot=
tingham, Farmer have been selling from time to time to be from large lots=
 boughts a couple years ago. (When you get several kilos of tiny stones i=
t takes a while to go through them). There is a habit to name or want =
to name meteorites from the towns they are purchased in or around Morocco=
. Most list members probley remember the Rasini meteorites on eBay not l=
ong ago. Care should be taken when purchasing any african meteorite (or =
any other meteorite as far as that is concerned.). =20

I think I have a nice polished slice on my website of Oum Rokba the H5 in=
 case some list members would like to compare there pieces. =20

Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com

PS: Give me a 5 kilo moroccan over a 300 gram American meteorite anyday.

------=_NextPart_001_0039_01C3ABC1.4A92D340

<HTML><BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#ffffff" STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;b=
ackground-color:#ffffff; "><DIV>Hello Gregory and list,</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;=
</DIV> <DIV>Gregory wrote: That was the basis of my question&nbsp; -&nbsp=
; it seems like the name "Oum Rokba" has almost become somewhat of a catc=
h-all.&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I have seen that to be the case=
 several times myself on questionable "Oum Rokba's" sold the last year.&n=
bsp; I believe that the Oum Rokba's myself, Cottingham, Farmer have been =
selling from time to time to be from large lots boughts a couple years ag=
o.&nbsp;(When you get several kilos of tiny stones it takes a while to go=
 through them).&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; There is a habit to name or want to nam=
e meteorites from the towns they are purchased in or around Morocco.&nbsp=
; Most list members probley remember the Rasini meteorites on eBay not lo=
ng ago.&nbsp; Care should be taken when purchasing any african meteorite =
(or any other meteorite as far as that is concerned.).&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>=
&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I think I have a nice polished slice on my website of O=
um Rokba the H5 in case some list members would like to compare there pie=
ces.&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Mark Bost=
ick</DIV> <DIV><A href=3D"http://www.meteoritearticles.com">www.meteorite=
articles.com</A></DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>PS:&nbsp;Give me a 5 kilo m=
oroccan over a 300 gram American meteorite anyday.</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_0039_01C3ABC1.4A92D340--