[meteorite-list] this idiot?

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:48 2004

on 11/14/03 4:01 AM, casper_at_cooloola.net at casper@cooloola.net wrote:
(etc)
> Anyone that thinks its funny to laugh at other people like this has yet to
> meet maturity. 27 Italians lie recently dead in Iraq and you scoff at Matteo.
> Grow up, get some sensitivity.

(etc)
> my 2c
> chris sharp
-------------
Dear Chris and other lurking critics of PROUD TOM's Web Site,
        I must beg to differ with you on several counts. In fact, everything
quoted above.
1) You ASSUME both the web designer and the many of us that appreciated
it (including Steve Arnold of Chicago) were laughing AT others. This is an
ego centric perspective and the degree to which this is accurate is,
unquestionably, variable. Obviously, Steve was laughing ABOUT, with, etc.
as were many. In fact, two of the three lampooned individuals are personal
friends of mine (you can guess which) and I find it interesting that a third
party finds no humor (perhaps a bit too close to home?)
2) The fact that 27 Italians were recently killed in Iraq and the fact that
Matteo is also Italian are so unrelated as to defy logic. More than a few
"Americans" have died there recently.... does that give all Americans a
"free pass" from criticism? Perhaps we should release all Americans from
prison? OH, or, perhaps like many feel about presidents, that if we are at
war, THEY should be free from all criticism?
    Your "logic" just holds no water.
3) Those of who have a sense of humor do not owe those without one
an "explanation." Humor CANNOT BE EXPLAINED.
4) Sorry you missed the REAL point of lampooning. Like Jay Leno or
Saturday Night Live (at least when it has been good) it has nothing to
do with liking or not liking the people being lampooned.
        Did you know Martha Stuart has had the SNL woman who lampoons
her on her own show? - WHILE the other continued to lampoon her. Yet,
Barbara Walters CRIED about her being lampooned on SNL.
        Whether people are upset about being lampooned is AT LEAST
as much a factor of THEIR maturity and personal psychodynamics
as it is a factor of the "spirit" in which the lampooning was done
IE was it intended to be mean and biting or simply a humorous
character drawing. However, to ASSUME negative intent on the part
of the lampooner..... well, now that says something about the person
making such an assumption.
        Hope this helps the humorously challenged.
        Michael

Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the
public and have no self.
    Cyril Connolly
--
Hubble space telescope - AMAZING photos!:
http://wires.news.com.au/special/mm/030811-hubble.htm
--
http://www.costofwar.com/
--