[meteorite-list] Ad -Rare Weekly Material Special

From: David Weir <dgweir_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:47 2004

Hello Adam and List,

NWA 1235 caught my interest earlier this year when I read the abstract
you referenced. With help from a friend I was able to acquire a small
specimen and construct a webpage based on information from this
abstract. BTW, contrary to the statement in this abstract that only NWA
1235 and Y-82189 have been found to contain phlogopite, it was reported
that the CV3 chondrite Grosnaja contains sodium phlogopite as mentioned
on my website:

"The Bali-like mineralogy of Grosnaja includes the phyllosilicates
saponite and sodium phlogopite replacing Ca-rich minerals in chondrules
and CAIs."

I look forward to further research results on NWA 1235.

Sorry about the difficulty in linking to my page. It was only after the
5th case (that I am aware of) of somebody using my texts verbatim on
their commercial website (making it a violation of the Digital Millenium
Copyright Act) that I was compelled to install an HTML protector
program. This is more trouble for me to use, but gives me some degree of
satisfaction knowing that these vultures (as you so succinctly put it)
will now have to type out the texts by hand to steal them. The page URL
still appears in the address bar and you'll notice that the previous
page name is now simply preceeded by "protected_". I've always given
permission to use my compiled texts when asked, only requesting that a
credit to meteoritestudies.com be given on the page. In the future, if
anyone on the List wants to use my texts, just ask and I'll provide a
usable copy.

David