[meteorite-list] Ad -Rare Weekly Material Special

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:47 2004

Dear List Members,

This weeks rare material special is NWA 1235, a strange ungrouped
Phlogopite-bearing Enstatite achondrite.

It is classified as an ungrouped Phlogopite-bearing Enstatite Achondrite, in
other words a unique one-of-a-kind meteorite with a Total Known Weight (TKW)
of only 80 grams. We were lucky to get a few grams of this material in
trade for some planetary specimens so it was not an inexpensive acquisition.
We are keeping the largest piece for our collection and are offering the
rest. This meteorite is even odder than NWA 011, which garnered a lot of
press in the last couple years after speculation it may have originated from
the planet Mercury. Just like NWA 011 the parent body is unknown. It will
be interesting to see where the O-isotopes place it. We were told the
finder is keeping the rest in his collection so very little will be
available so now may be the time to bid. We are starting all of the NWA
1235 specimens out at just .99 and will let the market decide their value.

In this weeks auction we are also introducing nine never before offered
meteorites. To see these just look for "NEW" in the title and to see this
week's special look at "NWA1235". Link to eBay auctions below:

Action Link:
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/meteoritelab/

Thank you for looking and if you are bidding, good luck.

All the best,

Adam and Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection
IMCA 2185