[meteorite-list] meteorites still left to be found in PF

From: Steve Arnold, Chicago!!! <steve_arnol60120_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:45 2004

Good great afternoon list.And what a great afternoon it is.Today alone, by
myself, I found 6 more pieces of PARK FOREST.No one came to hunt with me
so I said, screw it.I'll start looking on my own.This way the spoils will
be mine.I found a total of 10.2 grams.5 individuals and 1 piece of fusion
crust.I found a4.5, 2.4,1.0,0.3,1.0 and 2.1 gram pieces.I found the 1 gram
of fusion crust down by the swimming pool on orchard lane.I was sweeping
thru the many thousands of leaves to try and find something, when I spied
a few strange looking rocks and then that is when I noticed the piece of
highly weatherd fusion crust piece.The other 5 pieces were found acrosss
the street from the fire station.As you know there are a bunch of
abandoned stores over there.Well there is one that has a lower level with
stairs.This is where I found the 4.5 piece.On the other side of the
building is where I found the 2.4 and the 1.0 gram pieces at the base of
those stairs.Then across the field heading over towards the super
market,there is an island with scrap and lots of rocks there.Where the
middle street comes out in front of the grocery store, is where I found
within 20 feet of each other my 2.4 and 0.3 gram pieces.It was a very good
day.I am sorry no one came out to look with me.It is always fun to do it
together.Well this will be my last time I go down there for the rest of
this year.I look forward going down next spring to try and find more of
this most popular of meteorites.Also for all you map coordinents
people.The corners of cumberland st. and oregon trail are around the area
where the 997 grams of meteorites in my friends back yard.I was given
permission to finally tell all.Oh well.It has been a fun year down in pf.I
look forward to next year and doing more hunting.Because it is not
everyday that you can drive an hour away to go meteorite hunting.

                       all the best, cheers,have a great day
                               steve arnold, chicago, usa

=====
Steve R.Arnold, Chicago, IL, 60120