[meteorite-list] Saw Question......

From: CMcdon0923_at_aol.com <CMcdon0923_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:45 2004

I recently acquired ("freebie") an old (Sears) Craftsman 6" Gem Maker saw and polisher combo. There was no blade in it, but the motor appears to run fine. I plan to tear it down and give it a good cleaning and lubrication this weekend.

Does anyone out there have any experience with these saws? Prior to checking, I assume it probably has a 5/8 or 1/2 inch arbor? I also assume (dangerous, I know) that if the arbor is a standard size, I should be able to use a "standard" type blade?

Your comments and/or suggestions would be most welcome.

Craig

PS....Apologies if this appears twice, but I think I cut off the list's address on the first attempt.