[meteorite-list] Apollo 10 LM in solar orbit? was:...'Asteroid' is Apollo 12

From: (wrong string) ørn Sørheim <bsoerhei_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:43 2004

Hello List,
I just happend to read an old book about the Apollo
conquering of the moon, in the chapter about
Apollo 10 the following:

'... Later the LM [ascent stage] was sent off in a lonely and useless orbit.
Cernan followed it when it took off to become a new solar
satellite: "A bit sad. Like parting from a good friend who always
has been nice to you"...
(translated from my norwegian version of the book)

That must then be the only (american) spacecraft used by people to orbit the
Sun?
As I know, all other LM was chrashed to the moon, and all Mercury, Gemini,
Apollo CM, Skylab, Apollo/Soyouz capsules returned to earth, and I guess
the LMs tested in Earth orbit was burnt up in the Earth's atmosphere.

Is a LM still orbiting the Sun somewhere?

Bjørn Sørheim