[meteorite-list] Beans and Rice...delete

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:46 2004

Dear Listees;
I have arrived back in Wyoming from vacationing in Michigan. I could
not locate any desiccation packets in the numerous local places that I
looked. With rain and quite high humidity, I protected my meteorites
by putting them in a plastic bag and put in a few sacks of rice. I
suppose that dried beans would have worked the same and crackers would
have worked if it were not for the salt.
I hunted the sand dunes of the Ludington area, and no fulgerites or
meteorites. Seems the locals are aware of the fulgerites. The
Huron-Manistee National Forest Supervisor noted that meteorites and
fulgerites may be collected.
I gave a lecture at the Cadillac Public Library and had 30
meteorite-persons of interest attend. I donated a copy of the new Haag
book to the library, and gave away a 20 gram NWA half-specimen as a door
prize. Some of those in attendance have purchased meteorites from our
list members in the recent past.
 I looked at about half a dozen meteorwrongs and we all had a really fun
time.
Glad to be back,
Dave Freeman
(who scared a bear, and the bear scared me back!)