[meteorite-list] Is Shirokovsky a meteorite?

From: CMcdon0923_at_aol.com <CMcdon0923_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:46 2004

--part1_15e.208961e0.2c07b3cc_boundary

Well, I have a quite strong feeling, we have the first man-made pallasite in
Shirokovsky...;-

No, we DO NOT have a "man-made pallasite". A pallasite IS a type meteorite.

Just as a counterfeit coin is not a coin, nor is a counterfeit stamp a stamp,
if it turns out to be man-made, we will have a counterfeit "meteorite", made
to mimic a pallasite.

Craig

--part1_15e.208961e0.2c07b3cc_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Well, I have a quite strong feeling, we have the first=
 man-made pallasite in Shirokovsky...;-</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
No, we DO NOT have a "man-made pallasite".&nbsp; A pallasite IS a type meteo=
rite.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
Just as a counterfeit coin is not a coin, nor is a counterfeit stamp a stamp=
, if it turns out to be man-made, we will have a counterfeit "meteorite", ma=
de to mimic a pallasite. <BR>
<BR>
Craig</FONT></HTML>

--part1_15e.208961e0.2c07b3cc_boundary--