[meteorite-list] Park Forest Chondrules

From: rochette <rochette_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:45 2004

Dear Bernd and Steve

Most chondrites have suffered large deformation (one could also call it
compaction), responsible for the the flatenning of chondrules. This may not
be always as visible as in your PF samples (depends on amount of
deformation and orientation of the cut surface), but may be if you look
again at all your samples in collection, I bet you will find other oval
chondrules now that you become interested by the subject! A good reference
(on Leoville): P.M. Cain and H.Y. McSween (1984) L.Planet. Conf abstract
p.116.