[meteorite-list] weight descrepency

From: Pekka Savolainen <pekka.savolainen_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:43 2004

--------------020404090905000103010702

Hello, Steven and the list,

think there must be some missunderrestanding in this. Pareja Minerals
(Morfita) sells mainly
mineralspecimens, and thatīs why their system of shipping charges is
quite complicated. If you
buy some crystals, the packing material may weight more than the specimen.
I bought lately 236 grams Rissani from the dealer, and that was the
exact weight of the spec.

Anyway, they sell more minerals than meteorites, and as far as I know,
this dealer is quite
well-known and trusted in this sector. Think Carlos speaks better
spanish than english, so is it
possible, there is some missunderrestanding because of that?

This is just my opinion, but my experiences with Pareja Minerals has
been better than good.
They are professionals in minerals (not so much in meteorites), so itīs
quite hard to belive, a
well-known dealer would make this kind of trick on purpose. But who
knows, this is a strange
world...

Think at least Bob Keller from Rockhound in US should know this seller,
he can be reached from
his site;

http://www.rockhounds.com/bkeller/

take care,

pekka

--
Pekka Savolainen
Jokiharjuntie 4
FIN-71330 Rasala
FINLAND
+ 358 400 818 912
Group Home Page: http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/eurocoin
Group Email Address: eurocoin_at_smartgroups.com
--------------020404090905000103010702
<head>
</head>
Hello, Steven and the list,<br>
think there must be some missunderrestanding in this. Pareja Minerals (Morfita)
sells mainly <br>
mineralspecimens, and that&acute;s why their system of shipping charges is quite
complicated. If you<br>
buy some crystals, the packing material may weight more than the specimen.<br>
I bought lately 236 grams Rissani from the dealer, and that was the exact
weight of the spec.<br>
Anyway, they sell more minerals than meteorites, and as far as I know, this
dealer is quite<br>
well-known and trusted in this sector. Think Carlos speaks better spanish
than english, so is it<br>
possible, there is some missunderrestanding because of that?<br>
This is just my opinion, but my experiences with Pareja Minerals has been
better than good.<br>
They are professionals in minerals (not so much in meteorites), so it&acute;s quite
hard to belive, a<br>
well-known dealer would make this kind of trick on purpose. But who knows,
this is a strange<br>
world...<br>
Think at least Bob Keller from Rockhound in US should know this seller, he
can be reached from<br>
his site;<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.rockhounds.com/bkeller/">http://www.rockhounds.com/bkeller/</a><br>
take care,<br>
pekka<br>
----- Original Message ----- </div>
From:</b><a title="jesserd44_at_earthlink.net" href="mailto:jesserd44@earthlink.net">
Steven    Drummond</a>
To:</b><a title="meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com" href="mailto:meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com">
meteorite list</a>
Sent:</b> Friday, May 23, 2003 12:03 PM</div>
Subject:</b> [meteorite-list] weight    descrepency</div>
from a seller at ebay called MORFITA. He was auctioning the Rissani    Morocco
meteorites a few people were asking about on the list.&nbsp; in his    heading
he states the weight of the available meteorite, then in the    description
he states........
in this auction includes the packing material and the Box it is    to be
shipped in.&nbsp; This is very deceiving.</p>
   less than 1/2 of what he had listed in the heading for this auction,(because
   the box And packing material weighed more that the meteorite).&nbsp;I should
   have received 102 grams of meteorite in 2 pieces , and I received 1 meteorite
   that weighed 17.67 gram. </p>
problem. His reply .................&nbsp;&nbsp;</p>
with the included    packing, about&nbsp;62 &nbsp;grams.&nbsp; <br>
I believe that this it is the    best solution, since us in our it paginates
of ebay we explain that of the    weight of the specimens    clearly."&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
 have never seen anybody include the packing material and box in the weight
of    what is being offered. And I would never bid on anything this small
that was    not classified. What a deceiving way to advertise your products.
I certainly    will not be bidding on this persons auctions again. And maybe
next time I will    have to decipher the description closely before bidding
again.&nbsp; </p>
   packing material and box to the piece and list it as such in the heading
of    the auction ? </p>
on    this matter, But how confusing is this statement.................</p>
When    making purchases of several specimens, the weight of this specimens
are    increased 50% to calculate the shipping cost. when the packages are
ready for    shipment, we weigh them again, and if it's difference to your
favor among the    shipping cost you have paid and the final shipping cost
Have a great day list,&nbsp;&nbsp; Regards, Steven    Drummond&nbsp;&nbsp; TUC&nbsp; :-)&nbsp; </font></p>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="$mailwrapcol">--
Pekka Savolainen
Jokiharjuntie 4
FIN-71330 Rasala
FINLAND