[meteorite-list] Re: ebay meteorwrong, with NEMS "verification"

From: Sharkkb8_at_aol.com <Sharkkb8_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:42 2004

--part1_30.3f659379.2bfd5fd9_boundary

This ebay-offering would seem to be dying a slow (and welcome) death, but in
my ongoing conversation with the seller, he offered another comment, repeated
here for its chuckle-value. He claimed that Russ K. told him not to send an
entire large "meteorite" along, that a small portion would be acceptable
(reasonable-sounding enough so far), and so......

   "I literally shook up the bag of meteorites and mailed him the remnants
that had broken off."

He must have some of that very very rare, FRIABLE Canyon Diablo. ;-)

       Gregory

--part1_30.3f659379.2bfd5fd9_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
This ebay-offering would seem to be dying a slow (and welcome) death, but in=
 my ongoing conversation with the seller, he offered another comment, repeat=
ed here for its chuckle-value.&nbsp; He claimed that Russ K. told him not to=
 send an entire large "meteorite" along, that a small portion would be accep=
table (reasonable-sounding enough so far), and so......<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; "I literally shook up the bag of meteorites and mailed him the=20=
remnants that had broken off."<BR>
<BR>
He must have some of that very very rare, FRIABLE Canyon Diablo.&nbsp;&nbsp;=
 ;-)<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Gregory<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_30.3f659379.2bfd5fd9_boundary--