[meteorite-list] Object That Hit North Carolina Home Not A Meteorite

From: magellon <magellon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:39 2004

Hi Ron and All,
I wrote the reporter (Ben Deck) and congratulated him on his follow-up
of this story.
It IS UNUSUAL for the 'Press' to follow-up when the object turns out to
be a meteor-wrong.
He sent some picts and wanted my observation.
Here are the photos:
http://home.earthlink.net/~magellon/BL/rock1a.jpg
http://home.earthlink.net/~magellon/BL/rock1b.jpg lightened
http://home.earthlink.net/~magellon/BL/rock2a.jpg
http://home.earthlink.net/~magellon/BL/rock2b.jpg lightened

When I told him I was online with some real experts, he asked:
"if any of the experts would have time for an interview I would like to
talk
with them either via e-mail correspondence or by phone."
Ben Deck's email is bdeck_at_coxnews.com
This is not a joke.
Please take the initiative to make contact.
Best,
ken newton