[meteorite-list] nininger memorabilia

From: Fred Olsen <debfred_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:38 2004

Hi Steve and List,
A nice item of Nininger memorabilia is his "NININGER Meteorite
Identification Kit". I have only seen one of these but there must be more
out there. It comes in a 3 inch by 3 inch by 1 inch box subdivided into 9,
1-inch
squares.
There is a rock sample in each square: 1. Stony Meteorite (Weathered), 2.
Stony Meteorite (Fresh), 3. Nickel-Iron Meteorite, 4. Smelter Slag, 5.
Ironstone, 6. Basalt, 7. Magnetite, 8. Limonite, 9. Hematite and a piece of
Carborundum Paper for testing. So each kit contains three real meteorites
and six similar appearing non-meteorites.

These were sold by Pohndorf's in Denver. I would like to find out when these
were made.
 I am not sure when but if anyone else knows anything more about
these kits I would be interested in hearing more about them.
Regards, Fred Olsen