[meteorite-list] Park Forest Sale: Killer specimens, Reasonable Prices

From: Steve Witt <stelor96_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:37 2004

Greetings List,

I have two incredible specimens of Park Forest available!! Check
these out.

#1 - The "Anniversary Rock" This specimen weighs 170.9 grams. A bit
of a story goes with it: I acquired this specimen from Kristen and
Joe from Park Forest who just celebrated their anniversary on March
27,the day the world changed for Park Forest. Their son Vincent was
born March 25, 2003, so he was nearly a meteorite baby.

In early April, Kristen was at her mom Debbie's house visiting.
Debbie (being an experienced mom), noticed that Vincent seemed to be
more content and cry less when he was outside, so she suggested that
Kristen take Vincent outside. Kristen, while sitting in the grass
with Vincent, glanced down and noticed an ugly black rock sitting in
the grass. Knowing of the meteorite fall she immediately grabbed it.

Besides being a nice specimen, this meteorite has also impacted a
tree. Wood fibers are visible to the naked eye, obvious in a 10x
loupe and unmistakeable under 20x magnification.

The specimen is "somewhat" shield shaped. The back side shows some
beautiful flow lines. There is an obvious missing fragment and my
thought is that it was lost when the meteorite impacted the tree.

Price - first offer of $27 per gram takes it, or best offer by 12:00
Noon CST

#2 A beautiful slice of my "Jailhouse Rock", weight - 10.4 grams.
This is the stone that I acquired the first day I was in Park Forest
and was nearly arrested the next day for buying it. This specimen was
beautifully prepared by Al Mitterling and is a superb slice of Park
Forest.

Price - $40 per gram or best offer by Noon CST. (I have sold slices
of this specimen for as high as $75 per gram).

Pictures at: photos.yahoo.com/stelor96

Park Forest has been extremely good to me so I want to pass that on
to all of you. I will be listing many more specimens in the coming
weeks so stay tuned.

I will be in the field in about two hours, so I won't have time to
moniter e-mail responses. If interested please contact me at
219-614-1935. I'm apologize to those that may not see this in time,
but in future sales I will post at a more "reasonable" time and allow
24 hours to pass before I accept offers. This sale starts as soon as
this post "hits' the list. I'll be standing by.

thanx,
Steve

=====
Steve Witt