[meteorite-list] Falling Into Reading

From: Ryan Darby <rdarby_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:37 2004

I don't want to seem like I am defending pink granite, but this is a
nice story for children, and means a lot to the author. If kids listen
to her, they might get interested and we gain another mind exploring
this fascinating part of science. If they hear it's not a real meteorite
they could feel tricked and we lose them forever. She isn't doing any
harm, so why bother her. If she is not pleasant and not factually
correct, she at least isn't conning anyone. Next there will be
complaints about the new Winnie the Poo movie from bear lovers.=20

In this case no one will benefit from the truth, but there will be
negative fallout. See this as free publicity for meteorite collecting.=20

The BCC meteorite seems to be rising in price - that is far more
important to put a stop to.=20

Ryan Darby