[meteorite-list] Ad - Weekly Rare Material

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:36 2004

Dear List Members,

We wish to thank all of you for the support you have given us regarding the
weekly rare material campaign. Over the last four weeks we announced the
following:

A Winonaite (NWA 1457)
A Cumulate Eucrite (NWA 1646)
A very fresh CK3 (NWA 1694)
A beautiful Silicated IAB Iron (NWA 968)

This week we would like to announce an ultra-rare "Polymict Diogenite".
There is a current description in the most recent update to the Meteoritical
Bulletin under the name NWA 1648 if anybody is interested in the fine
details. We only know of one other Polymict Diogenite that is available to
collectors and it looks completely different. This other one was found a
great distance from this one and is not paired. In all fairness the other
one is more interesting to look at but retails for close to twice as much.
When we first laid eyes on this one we would have bet it was a Howardite
because it looks very similar. Luckily we didn't because is composed mainly
of orthopyroxene with variable Fe/Mg ratios that range greatly suggesting
the sampling of multiple diogenitic parent rocks. If you are interested in
looking at this new rarity check out the NWA 1648 listings on our eBay
auction link below:

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/meteoritelab/

Thank you for looking and if you are bidding, good luck.

Best Wishes,

Adam and Greg Hupe
IMCA 2185