[meteorite-list] Question-Rissani

From: Pekka Savolainen <pekka.savolainen_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:36 2004

Hello, Elton and the list,

I have one of these "Rissanis" or "Alnif Rissanis", think the better way
to call them is just unclassified NWAs or unclassified ones purached
from Morocco. The piece is 275g, quite highly weathered chondrite,
havenīt cutted it, so Iīm not going to say anything sure about itīs
classification,
but probably H4?, H5, itīs magnetic and at least this one is a genuine
meteorite...;-

Anyway, itīs a bit questonable to sell these under that name, like Adam
tells in his mail. Just bought this piece to see, what it was, and because
it had a quite nice shape and is nicely vernished, wich may make them
also to look
as wetted.

take care,

pekka