[meteorite-list] Park Forest Sale "Indianwood Hammer"

From: Steve Witt <stelor96_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:35 2004

Greetings List,

I have what I believe is a nice specimen of Park Forest available for
you. The specimen weighs 170 grams. A bit of a story goes with it: I
acquired this specimen from Kristen and Joe from Park Forest who just
celebrated their anniversary on March 27,the day the world changed
for Park Forest. Their son Vincent was born March 25, 2003, so he was
nearly a meteorite baby.

In early April, Kristen was at her mom Debbie's house visiting.
Debbie (being an experienced mom), noticed that Vincent seemed to be
more content and cry less when he was outside, so she suggested that
Kristen take Vincent outside. Kristen, while sitting in the grass
with Vincent, glanced down and noticed an ugly black rock sitting in
the grass. Knowing of the meteorite fall she immediately grabbed it.

Besides being a nice specimen, this meteorite has also impacted a
tree. Wood fibers are visible to the naked eye, obvious in a 10x
loupe and unmistakeable under 20x magnification. I have the location
of the tree and this week I'll have (at least) some photos of the
impact point on the tree and if all works well, I may well have the
portion of the tree that was impacted. This (branch I hope) will be
included in the purchase price. I also have numerous photos of
Kristen, Joe etc etc if the buyer is interested. As a side note this
meteorite impact occured on Indian"wood" Blvd. in Park Forest.

The specimen is "somewhat" shield shaped. The back side shows some
beautiful flow lines. There is an obvious missing fragment and my
thought is that it was lost when the meteorite impacted the tree. I
have exclusive rights to search the area for the "missing piece" and
if found, the buyer of the larger stone will get first right of
purchase on the smaller piece at the same price that is determined by
this sale.

I will be accepting offers on this specimen until 12:00 Noon C.S.T on
Wednesday 5/7/03. Best offer over $30 gr takes all. Shipping and
insurance is on me. Serious buyers, If you'd like to see more photos
or have any questions please contact me off list. Photos available
at:
http://photos.yahoo.com/stelor96 and click on Indianwood album.

Thanx,
Steve