[meteorite-list] Southwest Impact Study photos

From: Mark Miconi <mam602_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:35 2004

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C312DA.D8A88880

Mark,
You are missing the point. The skeptisism in not in what you may or may =
not have found...it is in your ability to properly ID the find. NONE of =
the skeptics will quickly embrace your find UNTIL someone with =
recognizable credentials does the proper scientific study and the =
PUBLISHES the analyzed results in a properly acceptable fashion.

You are correct in the sense that most every discovery/theory has had =
skeptics throughout the ages...but most have had credible scientific =
work published after careful and acceptable work has been done.=20

Otherwise you will eventually fall into the category with Bigfoot and =
other unaccepted items. I grew up with a man that now lives in the =
Pacific Northwest...In the 38 years I have known him he has been an =
accomplished outdoorsman, hunting and fishing guide and I have never =
known him to ever lie about anything. He has told me he has seen bigfoot =
on several occasions and my answer to him was SHOOT IT and get it =
ANALYZED...the jury is still out and he still thinks that I do not =
believe him. It is not foolish and idiotic to want to see credible =
scientific work and in my friends case and big ugly smelling bleeding =
bigfoot body would help shut up the skeptics.

Listen to some of the scientists and experts on this list...get someone =
out there with recognizable credentials in the proper scientific fields =
and get them to do the science that will be necessary and then get it =
published properly.

We will all be waiting until then.

Mark M.
Phoenix AZ